Driving traffic to your website is one of the most critical aspects of any marketing strategy and unfortunately can also be one of the most challenging. According to research done by Content Marketing Institute, 61% of content professionals struggling with pinpointing what their audience is most interested in.
Writing blog posts, posting on social media outlets, and creating email campaigns are all great marketing tools, it may be difficult to know what is driving traffic to your website and what is not.
This list will help to increase traffic to your website and gain more leads.
By posting good content on your blog regularly, you will attract the right customer to your website. Before you start posting content, know your buyer persona. After understanding who your customer is and what they like and want, it will be easier to create content that will appeal to them.
Write quality content that targets your audience by following these steps:
- Know your buyer persona: With as much detail as you can, determine who your customer is.
- Do some SEO research: Figure out what your audience is searching for and create content that will target them.
- Write a post: Create a post that answers the questions that your audience may be asking.
- Publish: Post your curated post on your blog.
- Promote: Promote your post on all social media outlets and email it out to your contact list to create the most traffic possible.
If you want to get traffic flowing to your website quickly, paid advertising is the way to go. Using search engines, you can enable pay-per-click ads and get some good results. You can also run sponsored ads on social media ads that will get in front of users outside your following count.
According to a 2019 survey by CMO, it was determined that there will most likely be a 90% ride in social media ads in the next five years. The same study found that companies that receive 10% of their sales online will use social media even more by 2024 with an estimated usage of 27.6% of their marketing budget.
Organic Traffic on Social Media
Organic social media is nothing new, but it is still highly effective and should be incorporated into your marketing strategy. Posting regularly on social media platforms and also utilize features like Instagram Stories, live video, IGTV, and Facebook Messenger. Stay on top of all the latest features as they roll out and you will do well with organic social media.
It is important to use various social media platforms, not just the usual Instagram and Facebook. Branch out with YouTube and Pinterest and watch your traffic rise. 66% of Pinterest users will make a purchase after seeing a pin that interests them.
Email List Building
A simple way to drive traffic to your website is by using your current customer base. After you post new content on your website or blog, promote it to your list of followers to create a quick boost of traffic. Having repeat readership on your website is very useful for continual traffic to your website, including conversions and lead generation.
Start by building an email list with a few helpful tips below:
- Create content for readers that requires them to give you their email address for them to read it.
- Enable a newsletter sign-up on your website right on your homepage. If a visitor has enjoyed your website, they may want to stay up to date with new content that you post. Make it easy for them to sign up.
- Use social media to promote your email newsletter for easily converting your followers into subscribers.
Good quality, consistent content is not an easy feat. Overcome this common struggle by repurposing your content. Do you have a blog post that has performed extremely well? Turn it into a video! Have you put out a super popular podcast episode? Write a blog post on the same topic. Redistributing content that has already done well will help continue to drive traffic to your website.